Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:37:59 +0100
From:      "Tracey" <tp-king@dircon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mount problems

I foolishly ran makedev all, now I cannot boot up. During fsck at boot I get
error messages wd1s1f (e, & b) no such file or directory. It then drops me
into single user mode, so I try to mount the root for read/write "mount -uw
/" and get the following error message : "/dev/wd1a on /:specified device
does not match mounted device", I have no idea what to do! I was planning
(once I had mounted /) to perform makedev for wd1*.

tia
Tracey