Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:09:01 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to Get Public IP From LinkSys Router?

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>I need to get my public IP address from a LinkSys cable router and don't
>have any idea where to start.  The LinkSys is doing NAT and my FBSD box
>in on the private network on the inside.  What commands and/or ports are
>there that would provide the public IP address from the command line so
>I pass the IP to a script?  Any ideas?

We have set up a server to return this since I got tired of
poking around to find it.  This will return the IP address.

	ssh -l sshclient sshclient.celestial.com

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act.''  --George Orwell