Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:43:08 +0200
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <karol.kwiat@gmail.com>
To:        Mario Lobo <mario.lobo@ipad.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Burn ape music to CD

--------------enig8B9FFD9514F69CA4A51C3BE7

Mario Lobo wrote:
> On Thursday 06 September 2007, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
>> Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   I have some ape music files ready to burn to CD, I first comvert th=
em
>>> into wav file then use cdrecord, but I heard that this is not necessa=
ry,
>>> ape file can burn to CD directly, how is this achieved?? Can I play t=
he
>>> CD in regular stereo?? thank you!!
>> No, you can't. Audio CD is a specific format without compression, etc.=

>> Either someone was using software which did ape decompression on the f=
ly
>> or he was using a special device to read them.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Karol
>=20
> Yes, he can !
>=20
> install
> /usr/ports/sysutils/k3b
>=20
> then install
> /usr/ports/audio/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin
>=20
> After that he will be able to drop .ape files directly into an audio pr=
oject.

An what will this plugin do? Decompress ape files on the fly, right?

If I didn't write previous post clearly: Audio CD standard (Redd Book)
requires certain data format on disc, which ape file is not. Thus, you
can't write ape files on Audio CD.

You can, however, use software which converts ape files into correct
format in an invisible way to you. Do we agree? :)

Cheers,

Karol

--=20
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309