Date:      Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:49:57 +0200
From:      peter@bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bertybadboy <i.am.a.hedgehog@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: .iso

bertybadboy <i.am.a.hedgehog@gmail.com> writes:

> Which .iso files do i download and burn onto a cd?

I think this is a FAQ more or less, but anyway - for a 'normal' install,
with base system and a reasonable helping of the most popular packages,
what you need is a -disc1.iso (which comes in two flavors in 4.11 - kde
and gnome respectively - and I think tihs will also be the case for 5.n
releases from 5.4 onwards). disc2 is traditionally the live filesystem,
while miniinst is for a minimal install.