Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:16:37 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Client Authentication

On 23 March 2013, at 21:51, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk =
<m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com> wrote:

>=20
> Using Static IP in the client side , and checking Static IP of the =
user may be a possibility :
> In that way , any message from another IP will not be accepted .
>=20
> If this is possible for your systems , it may be checked for usability =
.
>=20
> One difficulty is that each user should obtain a Static IP and can not =
connect to his/her ISP from another IP .
>=20
> Good side is that nobody can connect to ISP of the user from another =
IP : It supplies hardware security ( we are assuming that the user =
computer is not captured ) ..

That is an interesting idea, but unfortunately our users tend to travel =
a lot and need to be able to access mail from anywhere.  Also, static =
IPs can get quite expensive from some ISPs.  Our users are pretty much =
on fixed incomes and any expense is a hardship for them.

-- Doug