Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:12:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      User Raymond <raymond@one.com.au>
Subject:   FreeBSD file size, lseek() etc

To:   freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

We are trying to construct a file that is larger than the basic 2GB
allowed by lseek().  I am sure I have seen some discussion on this
somewhere but I've forgotten where...

So these questions.

1. Does FreeBSD support file sizes greater than 2GB?

2. If so is there another way (other than lseek()) to address them?

3. If not, will multiple calls to lseek() with whence = SEEK_CUR
   work or will the internal pointer wrap?

Ray Newman