Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:24:47 +0545
From:      Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@wlink.com.np>
To:        Martin Hepworth <maxsec@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge NIC not supporting 1000baseTX

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> HI
>
> is the other end auto-negotiating properly? What happens if you force 1000
> full at BOTH ends?

Hi Martin,

Actually both the machines are identical. I had connected both NIC cards
back to back using a cat6 cross cable. One of the machines is then
connected to a RAID Array.

If I force 1000baseTX on both NIC cards, their connection status shows:
no carrier.

However, if I force 100baseTX on both NIC cards, then their connection
status shows: active

What could be the problem here? The bge0 NIC cards not supporting
1000baseTX settings or am I missing something?

Both machines are running on FreeBSD-6.2.

Thanking you...