Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:17:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      john carlton <thexder2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   still on svgalib

Has anyone gotten svgalib linux programs to run?  If so under what version of linux core and how is it setup?  All the stuff I've found was for OpenBSD.  I'm using FreeBSD 6.2 and fc-4_9 linux core right now and can't get the console to open.  Other linux programs work fine but I can't run any svgalib test programs or anything from linux.  The error is the one svgalib gives when your console doesn't have permissions (I think).  "Not running in a graphics capable console, and  unable to find one."  However my FreeBSD svgalib programs work.