Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:45:35 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <bweaver@tranquility.net>
To:        Morozov <moro@balticom.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moused and KDE permissions problem

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz

For moused:

Usually you highlight text using the left mouse button, then paste the text=
 using the _middle_ mouse button.  Moused assumes you have a 3 button mouse=
.  If you have only two buttons on your mouse, you need to run moused in 3-=
button emululation mode.  For more information, look at the -3 switch in th=
e moused man page.

For KDE:

I don't use KDE myself, so I'm not really familiar with what you're trying =
to do.  My suggestion is to check whether or not you have permissions to ex=
ecute the file in the first place.  If you do, check to see where KDE is tr=
ying to save the "shortcut" you're trying to make (probably somewhere in ~/=
.kde) and make sure you have write permissions for that.

-Ben=20

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 06:58:10PM -0800, Morozov wrote:
> Hi.
> Sorry that I'm asking such stupid question .
> I know about moused , that this is a mouse damon  ,it allows user to
> copy and paste text.
> I installed freebsd (4.2) , mosued where installed too.
> A configured it (moused) , after reboot (when I booted up freebsd)
> moused where started , I see cursor , I can move it...
> When I trying to copy ( I selected text(with a left mouse button))
> and pressed on right mouse button text must be pasted (or I'm wrong?),
> but it does not.
>=20
> And one more thing, I installed freebsd with Xfree and KDE.
> When I'm running KDE and trying to create aplication on my desktop it
> asks to put name of aplication , program name to exectute ,etc...
> When I'm wrote the name to execute and pressed on "ok" appeared table
> "Can't save ,you don't have a permissions" .I'm running KDE as user
> (not root) ,I aloso tryed to switch kernel securety levels (using
> sysctl) ,but it doesn't helps .
>=20
>=20
>=20