Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:47:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      djf2 <djf2@danu.ili.net>
To:        Corey Snow <corey@snowpoint.com>
Cc:        "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial console issues

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Corey Snow wrote:

> I've been having the same problem. I tried everything I could think
> of. The only other thing I can think of to try is to use a different
> terminal program. However, since I can use ssh to get into the box, I
> don't worry too much about a 9600 baud serial console. It's
> irritating, but not hugely so.
>
> I suppose it could also be related to the ancient motherboard my
> headless box runs on. It's an old 486 DX2/66 and may not do well at
> higher COM port speeds.
>
> Regards,
>
> Corey Snow

     It might not be your hardware.  Judging by the lack of any real
available info, I don't think its possible to increase the speed on the
serial port.  I guess its not too big of a deal, so that might be why.

--
"Is that sound you're hearing the trumpeting of St. Peter's angels
 or the screams of Memnoch's tortured souls?"