Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:50:06 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@navinet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Natd question

I'm running into a little trouble with this one, and wonder
if someone can help.

I have ipfw and natd and dhcpd working (xl0 outbound,
xl1 internal net).  My laptop on the xl1 can get its
ip address, etc. from my host, but cannot do anything
else on the net.  I've toyed with the gateway, but have
it set to the "host" machine (xl0 goes to the cable modem).

My suspicion is that it's an ipfw rules issue.  I had
presumed that since I'm diverting all packets to xl0 that
I didn't need to put anything in there for xl1.  However,
I've tested this with an OPEN firewall and added OPEN rules
for xl1 and it still doesn't work.  So, I'm stuck :)

Any tips would be appreciated.