Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:27:06 -0700
From:      "David Christensen" <davidch@broadcom.com>
To:        "H.Fazaeli" <fazaeli@sepehrs.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: broadcom 57710 support

> Is there any near plan to develop drivers for network cards=20
> based on broadcom NetXtereme II 57710 10 GbE controller?

I have written a driver to support the 57710/57711/57711E
parts, bxe(9), but I haven't released it as I haven't been
able to get much testing mileage on it.  The biggest
challenge is the wide array of PHYs used in the 10GbE space
which makes testing a complex issue (I think we have 7 or 8
PHYs today which various customers use). =20

If there are some developers who are interested in getting a
version of the driver and helping work out some of the bugs
please contact me directly.  Ideally I'd like to have this
driver ready for 8.1.

Dave=