Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 20:05:07 +0000
From:      User Cesar <cesarlp@quik.guate.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   STAROFFICE 5.1 Installation HELP

Hi experts!

I try to install StarOffice 5.1 in my FreeBSB 3.1 system, I could
succefully unpack it. And I followed the instructions included in the
readme file.

1.  I succcessfully install glibc 2.0.7 libraries, following this
instructions:

1) Unpack the glibc2 libraries required, i.e., in the /tmp directory:

   cd /tmp
   tar zxvf glibc207.tar.gz

2) Remove a library loader (ld-linux.so.2) of a possibly still existing
older
   glibc2 version

   NOTE: the warning mentioned above in the installation via Shell
Script
         applies also here!

   rm -f /lib/ld-linux.so.2

3) Copy as root the runtime Linker in the /lib directory

   cp /tmp/glibc2/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-linux.so.2

4) Enter the path to the libraries in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/glibc2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH    for sh,bash
   setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /tmp/glibc2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH    for csh,tcsh

5) Execute the StarOffice setup in the directory containing the
installation
   files:

   ./setup

But when I executed it, I got this message:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

What's wrong?

Please send me a copy because I'm not suscribed on the list.

Thanks  a lot!

Cesar Perez
cesar@quik.guate.com