Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:08:17 +0300
From:      "S.Christopoulos" <christ@meganet.gr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftp problem

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BEEFDD.3574A3C0

We have a BSD v 3.5 system and we have the following problem.
We have two different users, user1 and user2 -  both are real system =
users.  We want to set the system so that they can both  ftp into =
different directory and only to a specific directory.=20
i.e.=20
user1 to be able to ftp  to /usr/temp/user1 (so this will be his root =
directory, so he won't be able to see anything else) and=20
user2 to be able to ftp  to /usr/temp/user2 (so this will be his root =
directory, so he won't be able to see anything else).
 For security reasons we want only certain users to be able to access =
specific directories.
We have tried to follow the directions of the ftpaccess but obviously we =
haven't been successful!!! Only the admin user can ftp so far.  We would =
appreciate any help you can offer us on this matter even if you have to =
charge us for the info.  Hope to here from you sooooon!!!!
=20
S.CHRISTOPOULOS=20

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BEEFDD.3574A3C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We have a BSD v 3.5 system and we have the following =

problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We have two different users, user1 and user2 -&nbsp; =
both are=20
real system users.&nbsp; We want to set the system so that they can =
both&nbsp;=20
ftp into different directory and only to a specific directory. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>i.e. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>user1 to be able to ftp&nbsp; to /usr/temp/user1 (so =
this will=20
be his root directory, so he won't be able to see anything else) and=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>user2 to be able to ftp&nbsp; to /usr/temp/user2 (so =
this will=20
be his root directory, so he won't be able to see anything =
else).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;For security reasons we want only certain =
users to be=20
able to access specific directories.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We have tried to follow the directions of the =
ftpaccess but=20
obviously we haven't been successful!!! Only the admin user can ftp so=20
far.&nbsp; We would appreciate any help you can offer us on this matter =
even if=20
you have to charge us for the info.&nbsp; Hope to here from you=20
sooooon!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT =
size=3D2>S.CHRISTOPOULOS&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BEEFDD.3574A3C0--