Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 98 14:16:26 +1000
From:      nickl@ami.com.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Leon Brooks <leonb@ami.com.au>
Subject:   KERNEL CONFIGURATION

Hello All

I have been configuring the Kernel on FreeBSD 2.2.1. I think, after a
couple of attempts, I almost had it right, but for this message:

tek390.0: Unidentified symbol '~scsi.done'
tek390.0: Unidentified symbol '~scsi.done'
tek390.0: Unidentified symbol '~scsi_alloc_bus'
tek390.0: Unidentified symbol '~scsi.attachdevs'

I have a Hewlett Packard 5p Scanner driven by their own SCSI card. As I
don't want to attempt to run it on FreeBSD yet, I have REMmed all SCSI
devices out on the new kernel (MYKERNEL). However, maybe the software has
detected that there is a card there anyhow, but not on your list (or is
it?)

I have looked up my handbook, and it says it loads ASPI416.SYS, and
SJIIIX.SYS on MSDOS 7.0 applcations. Does this help at all?

In summary: Is there a way round this. Will the proprietry HP SCSI Scanner
Card interfere with FreeBSD? Can I run it maybe later (I'm told this model
is not as configurable as the early HP Scanjets.).

Please reply....I am enjoying FreeBSD anyhow, but would like to build my
own kernel.

Thanks

NICK