Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:17:01 +0200
From:      Munish Chopra <chopra@runbox.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Article in Information Security Magazine

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 01:58:53PM -0700, Crist Clark wrote:

> The author, Pete Loshin, makes is sound as if a *BSD is the natural
> progression from using a Linux flavor. Thinking about it, I do notice
> a lot of people on *BSD mail lists who say they used to use Linux and
> now use a *BSD, but seldom hear the reverse (with the exception of people
> who have to use Linux at work for some reason or another). I wonder
> how much movement there is between the two camps... not that every
> person necessarily has to be a card-carrying Linux- or *BSD-zealot
> and not have some appreciation for a variety of projects/products.

Personally, I moved from Red Hat -> Slackware -> Debian within a few
months, stayed with Debian for about 6 months (found it quite tolerable
and in general an excellent distro), and then found FreeBSD. 90% of the
people I know that run FreeBSD have used Linux before, and the vast
majority of those ran Debian before that, which I kind of find
interesting.

I only know one person that went from FreeBSD to Linux...he was kind of
a weirdo anyway though :)

--
-Munish