Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@gns.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Stable? ;)

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> 	I just installed the Stable of the Day, and I am finding some problems.
> 	First, the system is missing an include file nfs_prot.h required for
> building some amd utilities.

Huh?  Did you install it or cvsup&make-world it?  You should have the
header if you installed it.  BTW it should be in /usr/include/rpcsvc/.

> 	Second, my apache httpd server seems to be unable to startup.
> 	I did recompile it: nothing. It starts and sits there neither forking
> nor touching the /var/run/apache.pid.

Can you be more specific?  What is the command line(s) you're using?  How
is apache installed?  What does the command line look like?  I need more
info here.....

> 	This is bizarre there is not any information I can access to analyze
> the problem, for I am not familiar with tracing tools. I hope you guys can
> give me a suggestion, for this happened in my main web box and my web hosting
> clients are not satisfied.

You should not track -stable or -current on production boxes.  You
should be on a release or known good snapshot and avoid modifying the
system unless absolutely necessary.