Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:38:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Walter Spierings <Walter@holoprint.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to have a tsch for root

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Walter Spierings wrote:

> We use tsch for all our user accounts.=20
> How can we also have the tsch features for the root.

Edit the password file by entering

vipw

and replace /bin/csh by /usr/local/bin/tcsh within the pwd entry for root.
Make sure that /etc/shells contains the following line:

/usr/local/bin/tcsh

I'd additionally prefer to enable the Bourne shell superuser toor by
giving her/him a password:

passwd toor

If the shared libraries in /usr/lib etc. aren't available in case of
problems you'll always be able to become superuser by logging in as toor.

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=