Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:02:49 -0400
From:      "Dave Andrzejewski" <awyeah@apk.net>
To:        "N" <niels@bakker.net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PIIX4?

Actually, it's quite interesting because at my school, we had a couple
servers running in the tech office because there was no space left in
the server room.  The admin's computer was on a UPS, and the 2 servers
were on surge suppressors.  There was a power-related problem, and it
kept "flickering" - turning off and back on rapidly.  Well, the 2
servers stayed up just fine, and the admin's workstation kept turning
off.  It was, of course, a faulty UPS, but still, it kind of makes you
think. :-)

(Eventually, the power went out long enough for the servers to go
down, but, the servers being netware and all, they had no problem.)

Dave

 Dave Andrzejewski                       http://awyeah.yourworks.com
 E-Mail: awyeah@apk.net                     http://www.yourworks.com
 AOL/Instant Messager: Seckzy Boi     ICQ: 556410      Whois: DA6239
 awyeah@IRC  -  IRC Operator on DALnet -  /server sodre.dal.net 7000
                      Get paid to surf the web!
           http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DKF648