Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:39:04 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        matt <matt@S02.ARPA-CANADA.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Little whois patch.

matt wrote:

> 	I noticed that the Canadian Internic was being left out of the
> whois command line opts, so I thought I'd add it to the options. I really
> have no clue who to send this to, or if I should use send-pr maybe, but
> it's technically not a problem. Hopefully one of the committers can give
> me feedback on where this should go. It's diffed against 3.3-stable, does
> nothing but give 'whois -c' for whois.internic.ca, us Canadians feel left
> out, cheers. =)

Can we (the UK) have a -u option too? :-) The host is whois.nic.uk.
Anyway, what happens when China want their own option, and find that -c
is taken? Wouldn't a more generic option make more sense, something like
-c <country>, eg `whois -c ca ...' or `whois -c uk ...' ?

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and