Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:38:02 +0100
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Boris <koester@x-itec.de>
Cc:        Brian McGroarty <snowfox@yipyap.net>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re[3]: Load-Balancing - any solutions?

Hello Boris,

Wednesday, December 06, 2000, 9:42:29 AM, you wrote:

> By this way we have two machines working and the cpu´s have much to
> do. I want one machine per request of a client, not two even if
> running squid is a VERY interesting idea.

Running squid is nice as long as you want to provide a bunch of mostly
static pages or as long as your primary server handles the load of
generating the pages and you just want to lighten it by moving the
transfer away from it.

> machine A (apache server, "master-server")
> machine B (apache server, "replicated directories")

That's what I'm looking for as well.

> I  think about the coda-fs, this would be interesting, but i have
> never get it up and running -(

Same here and I've got the feeling that coda would eat up quite a bit
of CPU power as I couldn't see any documented way to access the coda
shares without connecting to codasrv (i.e. reading them directly from
the FS) so I decided I don't need to bother anymore...

Best regards,
 Gabriel