Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 19:28:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any known problems with routing in 3.4R?

I've set up a FreeBSD 3.4R box to do BGP.  It takes full routes off an ATM
OC3 (hea0 set up as atm1) and routes packets between that and the 100mbps
Ethernet port.

I'm getting periodic (every few days) crashes.  I recently started recording
the console output, and the last crash was due to a panic

fault virtual address   = 0x8
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0166566
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xcc853d94
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xcc853d98
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 39365 (gated)
interrupt mask          =
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

I've never been terribly good at deciphering these.  Is there any
hidden meaning here?  I used to know how to get it to tell me whereabouts
this was happening, back in the 2.* days, but memory fades..

Any hints as to what I can do to debug?  Are there any known problems with
handling large numbers of routes?
--
... Joe