Date:      Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:44:19 +0200
From:      Judd Maltin <judd@israeline.com>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DNS, name-based vhosts, Apache: Revisted

I found this message and I wanted a touch of clarification.  I've got a FreeBSD
machine that's supposed to take over a dying Mac (with "Clearly Home") for
serving a commercial site, and I wanna do it right the first time.

Thanks a bunch!

Judd M.
judd@israeline.com

>Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 19:17:00 +0100 (MET)
>From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
>To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
>Cc:        waqar ahmad <drwaqar@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>Subject:   Re: HOW TO CONFIGURE TWO DOMAIN NAMES FOR  A SINGLE >COMPUTER.
>

>Actually, you might want to check the apache pages for this,
>http://www.apache.org as there are 'neater' ways of doing this
>without wasting a second (valuable) IP address. In short, assume
>a DNS setup like
>
>ape.com's primary file:
>       ape.com in soa ns, ...
>
>        www.ape.com     in cname        www.bigserver.com

QUESTION: BY PRIMARY FILE HE MEANS /etc/namedb/db.ape.com  ?
WITH /etc/namedb/named.boot:

primary    bighost.com                           db.bighost.com
primary    (bighost IP reverse w/ arpa stuff)    bighost-reverse
primary    ape.com                               db.ape.com
primary    (ape backwards)                       ape-reverse