Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:36:43 +0100
From:      Oscar-Ivan Lepe-Aldama <oscar@ac.upc.es>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gprof question

Hi!
I want gprof to give me information only for the xl_intr kernel routine
(and its descendants) but haven't been able to do it. The man page of
gprof says that -f <name> will result in a graph profile entry of only
the routine <name> and its descendants. So I'm doing like this:

kgmon -rb
ping -c100 192.168.1.1
kgmon -hp
gprof -b -f xl_intr /kernel gmon.out > gmon.txt

The resulted text file has complete information, not just the one
related to xl_intr, as if I did not use the -f option.

Would some one explain me why I'm not getting what I expect?

TIA.