Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:49:57 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mac can't connect to Internet

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 07:55 pm, Walter wrote:
> I had actually tried it with the firewall enabled previously,
> but because that had not worked either, had disabled
> hoping it would work after (mis-?)reading a post here.
> But it seems now that I failed to recompile the kernel
> with IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT, so I'll check back
> once that's done and tested.
> (Fwiw, the configuration I'm trying to implement is:
>  Cable-Modem <=> FBSD <=> hub <=> Mac, PC, etc.)

Is probably best to compile those into the kernel but IPFW will be
kldload(1)'ed by the /etc/rc.* scripts if enabled. As for divert, I
don't remember. Custom kernel is a sure thing.

On reboot, start by proving the connection between Mac and FreeBSD
works. Then FreeBSD to ISP. Then work on Mac thru FreeBSD to ISP.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net