Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:22:28 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Riley <rileyjmc@pacbell.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Buildworld fails

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:17:12PM -0700, Riley wrote:

> Yes, that was the original issue, 'make -j4 buildworld' fails.  I thought
> your response of 'installworld' was a typo.  ;-)

I'm pretty sure what you pasted was an excerpt from installworld (it
showed binaries being installed into /usr)

> So the -j switch isn't the problem?  As indicated by the fact that make
> buildworld is still failing, but without the '-j' option at least it fails
> with an error message.  I've tried the old (4.6.2) /etc/make.conf and the
> new (4.7) one.  If -j indeed was suppressing the error output it looks like
> the problem is from a previous install of cyrus-sasl (1), which puts the
> headers in
> /usr/local/include/sasl

Okay, this is the first I've seen you mention anything about sasl.

> What I don't understand is why "make -j4 buildworld" had meaningful error
> messages (referring to missing sasl.h and saslutil.h) building 4.6.2 but
> nothing in 4.7 until the -j switch was removed?

They're in there somewhere, just hidden amongst the other output
(that's what -j does)

Kris
--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa--