Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:58:16 -0400
From:      John Garrison <jeg@visi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot problems

I haven't subscribed to this mailing list yet,  so could you please
email me my answer. thanks.

I installed FreeBSD fine, it was a very easy  install, but when I press
F2 to boot it the computer just beeps. Then I read the FAQ and it says
that I need to toggle my bios support for >1gb hard drives and
reinstall.  I have a compaq presario 5245 and my bios doesn't say
anything about >1gb support.  I have an "ultra 33" enable/disable and an
"enhanced ide" enable/disable.  Also there is a primary and secondary
ide controller enable/disable, but no >1gb hard drive.  I don't really
want to have to delete my WinBlows partition, and I am installing from
that partition so I would have to order a cd, but I will do this if I
have to.

But is there anyway to create a boot disk that doesn't start the install
program.  I REALLY want to get back to a UNIX environment.  (Linux
user)  This is a new computer, and I forgot just how much I hate
windows.  PLEASE help, I've wrote to newsgroups and got no help.