Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openpkg

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Chip Wiegand wrote:

> I understand that. I just found it interesting that some 'group' would
> try to make a package system that will work on sooo many differing OS's.

The NetBSD pkgsrc is used under Red Hat Linux, Darwin OS, and Solaris. (It
has settings like ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM, checking for operating system type,
etc.)

I understand that sometime soon that the NetBSD pkgsrc will be publically
announced to be available for multiple operating systems.

(I hope to publish an article about using NetBSD pkgsrc under BSD/OS soon.
If anyone uses it under BSD/OS and wants to share comments, please email
me off-list. Thanks.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/