Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:10:39 -0500
From:      Daniel Hagan <dhagan@colltech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Burning Audio CD's w/ IDE CD-RW drive

I have a sony ide cd-rw drive that works fine w/ CD-R data tracks (I've
burned and read several now).  But, I need to find out how to:

1) Extract an audio track from a cd to a file

2) Burn that track onto a cd-r (burncd -f /dev/acd1c audio filename
fixate?)

or something that will accomplish both (i.e. copy a track directly from
a cd onto a cd-r).  I've searched the freebsd site and didn't find
anything useful, so I figured I'd write to the list.  I've tried
accessing /dev/acd0c just about every way I can think of to copy data
off an audio cd, but I just get Bad Address back each time (dd, cat,
strings, cp, ...)

PLEASE COPY ME on any mails.  I don't have time to read -questions
anymore, and don't follow the list.  If you'll be kind enough to cc: me
on any replies, I'll write a patch for the burncd manpage (which I
didn't think was totally clear) and the handbook outlining what I learn.

Thanks,

Daniel Hagan