Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:43:00 -0600
From:      Peter Warrick <peter@guest-tek.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Redhat Linux Route command translated to FreeBSD?

Anyone have any idea what the direct translation of this redhat command
would be to BSD??

route add -host 1.2.3.4 dev eth1:0

eth1:0 is an alias on the eth1 network. eth1:0's IP is 1.2.3.1. What
that command does is say that 1.2.3.4 is directly connected to the
eth1:0 network. This means that  it is routing this 1.2.3.4 IP to
1.2.3.1. Even though these addresses seem to be on the same subnet. They
actually aren't in my configuration.

Thanks for any help.. I've been stuck on getting this to work on my BSD
box for about a month now. :(

Pete