Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:17:27 -0700
From:      greg <greg@z-axis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd

I have three freebsd servers.  2.2, 2.2.6, and 3.3.  I generate nfs maps

for these
servers with a makefile that looks like this

# Makefile for fsinfo generated files:
#   fstab
#   exports
#   amd.host
#   amd.people
#   amd.people

HOST = `hostname -s`

all: fstab exports amd
amd: amd.host amd.people amd.server

fstab: fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        fsinfo -f fstab. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball
fs.gumball
        mv fstab.$(HOST) /etc/fstab

exports: fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        fsinfo -e exports. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball
fs.gumball
        cat exports.$(HOST) | sed "s!/host!/a/$(HOST)/host!" >
/etc/exports
        rm exports.$(HOST)

amd.host: fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        fsinfo -m amd. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        mv amd.* /etc/

amd.people: fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        fsinfo -m amd. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        mv amd.* /etc/

amd.server: fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        fsinfo -m amd. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
        mv amd.* /etc/

clean:
        rm fstab*
        rm export*

This will generate the maps on each machine using a script called
fs-update that is

#!/bin/sh

yphost=snowball
host=`hostname -s`

cd /root/fsinfo
for h in snowball pinball gumball ; do
  if [ "$host" != "$h" ]; then
    echo Copying fsinfo files to $h...
    rcp fs.automounter fs.snowball fs.pinball fs.gumball $h:/root/fsinfo

  fi
  echo Building fsinfo files on $h...
  rsh $h 'cd /root/fsinfo ; make'
done

/root/bin/yp-update

for h in snowball pinball gumball ; do
  echo HUPping mountd on $h...
  rsh $h killall -HUP mountd
  echo HUPping amd on $h...
  rsh $h killall -HUP amd
  echo Tickling amd on $h...
  rsh $h /usr/local/sbin/amd.tickle
done

But when it gets to the 3.3 machine (pinball) I get an error:

fsinfo -f fstab. fs.automounter fs.pinball fs.snowball fs.gumball
0)]
fsinfo: Fatal, Cannot read any input files
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is there some incompatibility with the different versions or am I
missing something?

Sorry for the long question and post but I am trying to be thorough.

-greg
greg@z-axis.com