Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:02:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject:   Re: running MacOS-X i386 binaries on FreeBSD?

Hello,

>NetBSD has had Darwin/Mach emulation for some time, with limited
>graphics ability.  I don't know what the status of the project is
>today, but it could probably be easily adapted to FreeBSD.
>
>http://hpcnet.free.fr/applebsd.html

I think that code never ran Cocoa but it did get to run X for Darwin.
Personally I have no interest in running MacOS X emulated but a couple of
interesting toys are related:

- compat/mach would be similar to having BSD-lites but much less bloated. It's
use would most probably be purely academical though.

- An IOKit implementation, hopefully based on kobj(9), with just the necessary
stuff to be able to port Darwin's multimedia libraries would be very nice.

cheers,

    Pedro.