Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 10:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can this be done with natd in -STABLE?

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> >      -redirect_port linkspec
> >
> >                  Redirect incoming connections arriving to given port to
> >                  another host and port.  Linkspec is of the form
> >
> >                    proto targetIP:targetPORT [aliasIP:]aliasPORT [re-
> >                  moteIP[:remotePORT]]
> >
> > I could be wrong about the host2:port1 thing.  I think I am... Maybe it's
> > host1:port1?
>
> Yes, I found that one also. However, I am not sure how to set it up
> correctly:
>
> Assuming natd is running on nathost on port "natd 4665/divert" and
> I want to redirect tcp connections going to host1:port1 in real to
> host2:port2. host2 is connected to fxp0.
>
> First the ipfw statment:
>
> 	ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via fxp0

I think you want this one.

> And the the natd line:
>
> 	natd -n fxp0 -redirect_port tcp host2:port2 host1:port1
>
> I have tried around a little bit and I see packets going through
> natd (when run with -v), but the connection never succeeds...

I think this should be

natd -n fxp0 -redirect_port tcp host2:port2 port1

Remember, everything behind the natd box is invisible and doesn't have
real IPs.  We want to make it look like the natd box provides the service
but instead it just redirects the connections to the appropriate box.