Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:06:07 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: portupgrade of Apache deletes my web site?

Dear Jonathan,

JA> I just did a port upgrade of Apache, and my web site is gone!
JA> /usr/local/www/data.default, where it used to be, has been replaced
JA> with the default installation stuff! And it did this silently!
JA> Arggh! What did I do wrong?

You shouldn't have placed your website in to that directory. You
should have made another directory and relinked the
/usr/local/www/data to that directory. The you should have appointed
rights to your own directory in the apache config file.

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook

How to get best results from the FreeBSD- questions mailing list
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

Alternative:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html