Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:43:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, luoqi@watermarkgroup.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: initiate_write_filepage panic.

> > The patch is now under Kirk's review. He promised the official version
> > will be much better looking :)
>
> Do you know if he's going to have that ready for 3.0-RELEASE?  I'd
> hate to have my principle test box crashing left and right when the
> time comes from a problem that could have been at leaste
> worked-around. :-)
>
> - Jordan

Actually, after more discussion, I believe Kirk will do it a little
differently by adopting Don Lewis' suggestion. I think there will be
enough time to get it ready for 3.0-RELEASE (Oct 15, right?), as we
now have a pretty good understanding of the problem and how the fix
should be. In fact, I already have my own version of the fix and successfully
finished one round of buildworld. I expect to see an official version
by the end of this week.

-lq