Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:34:57 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Graham=20Guttocks?= <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cannot set RR-scheduler with cdrecord

Greetings,

I'd like to run cdrecord under my unprivileged user account instead of
root, but I get the following error about not being able to set priority
using setpriority().  I don't get this error as root.  Do I need to change
the permissions on a certain file or device or something?

Cdrecord 1.9 (i386-unknown-freebsd4.1) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '1,4,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 4 lun: 0
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : SYNC LINKED
Vendor_info    : 'PLEXTOR '
Identifikation : 'CD-R   PX-W1210S'
Revision       : '1.00'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO