Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:46:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help! [No space left.]

> > /: write failed, file system is full
> > unpacking of archive failed on file /lib/libc-2.1.2.so: cpio: copy failed
> > - No space left on device
> > *** Error code 1

I managed to weed through the Makefile and saw that it stores stuff in
/compat -- my / is very small and there's no chance of changing its size.

I just did: cd /usr ; cp -R /compat . ; cd / ; rm -rf compat ; ln -s
/usr/compat/ compat ; cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base ; make all
install

And all is fine. :)  Thanks!

+ Chris Byrnes, chris@JEAH.net
 + JEAH Communications