Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:46:13 +0200
From:      Franz Brandel <fb@tristan.wsr.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        griessl@ihs.ac.at
Subject:   DPT RAID Controller

We are using Olivetti SNX / Netstrada, Pentium Pro 200
running Linux 2.x, as our file-/printer- server for 100+ PC - Clients(Win95).

We upgraded our backbone to 100MBit fast ethernet. Linux
seems to be not that reliable for that kind of network bandwith,
so we had a look at FreeBSD. Unfortunately there is currently
no support for the DPT Smartcache PM3204 RAID controller wich is
in the NETSTRADA.

Did you hear of anyone, who has a driver for FreeBSD, or do you
plan to implement one in the future? Thanks in Advance.

Best regards,
Franz Brandel, Peter Griessl

--
Franz Brandel                            Institute for Advanced Studies
mailto:Franz.Brandel@ihs.ac.at           Tel: +43-1-59991 / 144