Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:50:05 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   lockd problems

Since client side locking was implemented, I am having much trouble
reading mail on an NFS-mounted mail spool.

The NFS server is a Solaris 2.6 U250, and I am reading mail using mutt.

When lockd is not running, mutt gets EOPNOTSUPP when trying to flock().
When lockd is running, it occasionnally gets EPERM, but not in a
deterministic fashion. It also tends to leave the mailbox locked on the
server even after quitting. Running lockd with debugging enabled did
not show anything that looks like an abnormal condition.

Anything I can do to resolve the problem? Or to help finding out what
is happening? :)

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux ** quinot@inf.enst.fr
              ENST   //   46 rue Barrault   //   75634 PARIS CEDEX 13