Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:33:10 -0800
From:      "Remington" <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Named Pipes?

Im reading a book on shell scripting. I came acroos something on named
pipes. "you can create special devise devices called named pipes...
Named pipe is a permanent pipe device that exists until it is remived...
named pipes can accept imput from any connamds that write to them. And
then it goes on telling me on how to creat one by using mknod
#mknod LOG p
This doesn't work. Essentialy I want to create one and put in the
following:
#log < LOG
while TRUE
do
   read line
   echo `date+'%H$M%S'` $line ?? /usr/local/logfile
done > LOG

How would I accomplish creating a nemed pipe?

Windows, not worth the CD its burned on.
-Remington