Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall "probing devices" hangs only on 3.0-199810??-BETA, not on 2.2.7-RELEASE boot disk

First time I tried it, it seemed to hang after the ep0 probe returned
"not found at 0x300".  It had probed all my hardware up until that
point correctly, however.

What comes after ep0 in the default lineup?  Maybe I can try
disabling that.

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I can't start the 3.0-19981009-BETA or 3.0-19981015-BETA install
> > process because sysinstall is hanging at the "probing devices, this
> > may take a while" screen.  Upon switching to the second VT, the
> > final DEBUG message is either (forgive my paraphrasing please)
>
> I saw that once myself, but only when I went and trimmed out
> everything and its brother with the visual userconfig.  When I just
> whacked return the next time through, editing nothing in the kernel
> configuration, it went fine.  Could you perhaps try this so we could
> narrow things down a bit?
>
> - Jordan

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>   | If only I could learn Japanese and get my
Servant of Karen Behrens       | hands on all 200 Sailor Moon episodes and
Engineer, Nameless IRC Network | all the movies, I think my life would
I eat Penguins for breakfast.  | finally be complete. . . . . . . . . . .