Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:09:13 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg radeon problems

--mMiWkGVhMgN5bIMvR7qRvHbb1PoJOj3si

On 04.08.2014 18:07, Yury wrote:
> Also I tried to kldload radeonkms, but this led to panic (see z_kld.txt=
).
> (...)
> panic: make_dev_credv: bad si_name (error=3D17, si_name=3Ddri/card0)

Hello!

Your custom kernel probably have "device drm" and "device radeondrm" (or
"device radeon", I don't remember). This conflicts with the new module
(called "radeonkms"). Remove those two devices, this will fix the panic.

About ports, WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_GALLIUM are enabled by default on
9.3-RELEASE. You should keep them as is. The blank screen you have is
explained by the fact the "new xorg" wants the new kernel driver but you
had the old one built into your kernel.

Note that with the new kernel driver, you'll still have a blank screen
after exiting from X.Org (or if X.Org server crashes). This is a known
limitation of syscons. But that's only a display issue, your computer is
fine (it will respond to keyboard events and remote connections).

To have a working console output, you can try the new console driver,
called vt(4), by setting "kern.vty=3Dvt" in your /boot/loader.conf.

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron