Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 1996 11:35:16 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        xaa@stack.urc.tue.nl (Mark Huizer)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announcing CVSup: Intelligent SUP Replacement

Mark Huizer wrote:

> >                      Announcing CVSup 13.0
> > 		     ---------------------
> >
> And my ports gone :-)
> Well, for those who want to try: don't forget that for stable you need
> tag=rel_eng_2.1.5, for current tag=current and for ports: tag=.

You are right about ports -- I'll fix the supconv program and the manual
page in the next release.  Sorry!

But the rest of what you wrote is not correct!  For -stable, you want
"tag=RELENG_2_1_0", and for -current it should be "tag=.".

You have to specify the tag exactly right, or (as you found out)
it will delete your files.  Why?  Because those files are effectively
"dead" for your (unknown) tag.  Try it with cvs some time -- it'll
do exactly the same thing.

-- John