Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:37:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Micron Millenia Max GS133 with Nvidia Vanta Card,FBSD 4.2 & X

I am trying to install FBSD 4.2 with XFree86 3.3.6  on a Micron Millenia
Max GS133 with a 16MB NVidia Vanta Card. The Vanta is a 128bit TNT card
that is supposed to be forward and backward compatible with the detonator
line.

I have the 4.2 install and would now like to get the xfree86 working but I
can't seem to find an xserver that works and I'm not sure how to proceed.

First, doess anybody have any experience with this card? Have it working?
Or know from experience it won't work?

Second, What's the best way to do the install when your not sure if a card
wis supported?

TIA
No, Life is fair. Life is fair because life is impartial.
Everybody is born ,everybody gets to live a series of
interconnected nows which they can choose to enjoy or not and
then everybody dies.  What is unfair is some people. Did I
mention people can also be stupid?

-JD