Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:40:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd writer recommendation?

> Mkisofs is good for creating an ISO 9660 file systems. Wormcontrol and
> dd are a good combination for writing them.

This would be true if the worm driver wasn't actually dead.  You
should at least check on these things before publically recommending
obsolete mechanisms. :)

In the world of CAM these days, cdrecord from the ports collection is
the way to go.  "dd" was also never a good way of writing CDs since the
faster models may suffer from data starvation when you use dd, you
want to use cdrecord and/or team from the ports collection to do this.

And yes, I've burned probably thousands of CDs under FreeBSD at this
point and do know what I'm talking about, should Brian wish to
vigorously defend the indefensible again on these points. :-)

- Jordan