Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:46:22 -0700
From:      Eric Hodel <ehodel@PACCAR.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FrontPage 2000 and the apache13-fp port

The short of it:  The apache server is up and working w/front page
extensions, but FrontPage 2000 doesn't like it, gives a 404 on author.dll,
then a 401.  FrontPage 98 works.

I built up a server from a 486 that was lying around, using 3.2-RELEASE
installed using PAO floppies for dhcp support.  apache13-fp was installed
from the ports.

The server is up and running, but FrontPage 2000 won't access it.  I'll tell
FP2000 to open a web, type in the address at the Folder Name prompt, then
type in the username, and password, and hit enter.  FP2000 responds with a
message stating that (paraphrasing) "The folder isn't accessible and may be
on an unavailable volume or protected with a password.  See wecerr.txt for
details."  I opened up this file and got the following two messages, which
have been clipped from the html, from the apache server:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
requested.  Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password),
or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Not Found
The requested URL /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.dll was not found on this
server.

When I connect from using FrontPage 98 it works.  If it is of any
consequence, FP2000 is on a WinNT box, and FP98 is on a Win95 box.

P.S.  Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

--
Eric Hodel - Data Processing - PACCAR International
  Phone: 425-828-8833  Pager: 206-663-8895

"DON'T PANIC" - Douglas Adams