Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:44:31 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Adrian Minta <gygy@stsnet.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8.2 and MPD5 stability issues

On 6/27/2011 4:50 PM, Adrian Minta wrote:
> Thanks to Vlad Galu I was able to acquire a full crashinfo and kernel dump
> after a system freeze. I put all the files at:
> http://pluto.stsisp.ro/fbsd/
>
> I hope this will help somebody in finding the race condition.

Dont know about the race, but one thing I would get rid of in your
kernel config is the FLOWTABLE option as it has a few bugs still

Also get rid of

device  gre
device  tap

# Bridging
device  if_bridge
device  lagg

if you are not using them

Are you loading any klds ? Why the linux.ko and linprocfs.ko ? If you
dont use it, get rid of it.

I would also not run snmpd and disable devd as they will do a lot of
work traversing all those interfaces.

Also, how come your nics all show no carrier in the crash dump ?

	---Mike