Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:10:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tam Weng Seng <tam@sabine.cs.tcu.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>, emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Has anyone grabbed the dos patches?

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Please!  We need someone with a -current machine and more than three
> seconds free in the day to have a look at this.  I covered the current
> problem in my most recent post, and haven't been able to spend any more
> time on it since.  If you think you could, _please_ do.

	Firstly, I have a really dumb question to ask, as I am totally
green when it comes to most thing about Intel machines, let alone
FreeBSD, and Kernel hacking. Does the supfile "cvs-supfile", track
current? If it does,then I have a current supped from aournd April 16.
	Subsequently, I do have some time, on Friday, and will have
more time after the final exams, to play with it and run some tests,
but I will need to know how to test it ... I think I can figure out
the kernel configuration stuff from RTFMing the handbook ... but a
little hand holding will be needed with Kernel debuging ... and
to find out what particular information would be helpful to the
programmers.
	Finally, I think my machine has stabalized again. I had some
problems going between release and current, as my hardware was the
cause of several random reboots in the middle of make world. Since,
than I have moved several cards around the new IDE card I bought,
re-installed and made the world after doing a sup on the
standard-supfile, and the cvs-supfile. Its been up for two days,
and does not seem to have a problem ... but ... I am not %100
sure ... I will do another sup cvs-supfile, and than make the
world ... and hope it survives ... Thank you ...

| Tam Weng Seng | May the source be with you | Tan Yongcheng |