Date:      Sun, 16 May 2004 22:07:57 +0200
From:      "Bjoern Koenig" <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SATA on FreeBSD-4.x

Rumen Telbizov wrote:

> I am not a RAID expert, but here are just a few thoughts:
>
> 1. My chipset is hpt374 not 372!

Ok, that's a semi-important fact. ;-) I guess they behave almost same.

> 2. Is it acctually possible to BUILD/CONFIGURE/ETC RAID arrays
> in the card's BIOS if the RAID is software implemented in the driver?

Yes. At least I do so.

I bought the controller in a box with a manual which explains everything you
ask. Maybe it is available online? Choose one:

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/manuals/RR1640_manual_v1.zip
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/manuals/RR1542_manual_v1.zip
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/manuals/RR1540_manual_v1.zip

Bjoern