Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:16:50 +0100
From:      Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
To:        Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw-tools/cdrtools write only 4GB to BluRay

2013-02-26 15:07, Tomek CEDRO skrev:
> Hey,
>
> I have noticed that growisofs writes only 4GB of data to BluRay disks
> - this happended to 2x BD-R and 1x BD-RE - what is the problem?
>
> I am using both cdrtools and dvd+rw-tools from fresh port tree...
>
> Any hints appreciated :-)
> Tomek

It's all in the handbook, and is very good reading.

     Note: In order to support working files larger than 4.38GB, an
UDF/ISO-9660 hybrid filesystem must be created by passing -udf
-iso-level 3 to mkisofs(8) and all related programs, such as
growisofs(1). This is required only when creating an ISO image file or
when writing files directly to a disk. Since a disk created this way
must be mounted as an UDF filesystem with mount_udf(8), it will be
usable only on an UDF aware operating system. Otherwise it will look as
if it contains corrupted files.

     To create this type of ISO file:

     % mkisofs -R -J -udf -iso-level 3 -o imagefile.iso /path/to/data

     To burn files directly to a disk:

     # growisofs -dvd-compat -udf -iso-level 3 -Z /dev/cd0 -J -R
/path/to/data

     When an ISO image already contains large files, no additional
options are required for growisofs(1) to burn that image on a disk.

     Be sure to use an up-to-date version of sysutils/cdrtools, which
contains mkisofs(8), as an older version may not contain large files
support. If the latest version does not work, install
sysutils/cdrtools-devel and read its mkisofs(8).